Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"No" to the Good. "Yes" to the Best.

I said "No" to something I wanted very much.  It seemed like the right thing to do at the time.  After discussing the potential challenges this decision might create, Jeff and I agreed it was best to wait.

I said "No" to something good so that I would be able to say "Yes" to a better option in the future.  Have you ever had to do this?  Or have you settled for the good when you should have held out for the best?  It's tempting to do that isn't it?  Perhaps you want a spouse, or a job, a new home, or a child NOW!  Don't settle for second-best.  Consider the story of Esau and his desire for instant gratification.   He gave up his inheritance just to satisfy his hunger pangs. 

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...