Monday, April 25, 2011

Hold All Things Loosely

"I have learned to hold all things loosely, so God will not have to pry them out of my hands." - Corrie ten Boom.  

I read this quote when just a teenager and it is one I've pondered since then.  It's so easy to clutch our family, our home, our job, our position too tightly.  Sometimes God takes all that is good away in order to provide us with something better.  We are living on borrowed time and all we "have" belongs to God.  Can I say with Job "The Lord gives and takes away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord"?

Listen to Corrie Ten Boom's classic book The Hiding Place  by downloading an audio version free from www.christianaudio.com.  This offer is good through the end of April.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...